What is Malwarebytes Anti-Malware? Another antivirus package? No, you are not right. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a fifth-generation antivirus, a program capable of solving many of the tasks that even the notorious Dr.Web cannot do.
In the summer of 2014, the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware antivirus software became incredibly popular among specialists. Even today, the general mass of users has not yet fully appreciated all the benefits of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
Leading security software labs honestly admit that they themselves turn to Malwarebytes Anti-Malware in particularly problematic cases. What does this mean? This suggests that when ordinary antiviruses fail, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware comes to the rescue. However, for simple users, sometimes it may be hard to deal with the program. If you do something incorrectly, an error will be shown. So, in this article, we will talk about this antivirus and then discuss how to solve the most popular problem.
Scope of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
The developers recommend using the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware antivirus utility not as basic computer protection against viruses, spyware, and keyloggers, but as an additional tool. To use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware as a parallel antivirus, the program is designed in such a way that it does not conflict with almost any of the popular antiviruses.
What users will especially like is the incredibly comfortable interface. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware comes in both free and commercial versions. What is the difference? As usual, free distribution has rather limited functionality.
How to Deal with Errors
After various updates, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware can stop working. When you will try to start, you may see the error “Malwarebytes web protection won’t turn on. Or it can crash with the following error:
[sourcecode language = “plain”] mbam.exe
Mod Name: mbamcore.dll
Offset: 00060ae0 [/ sourcecode]
In this case, the manufacturer is recommended to do the following steps:
- Download and run the mbam-clean.exe cleaning utility from the official website. It will remove the malfunctioning program and clean up all unwanted residues after it.
- When the utility finishes its work, a message will appear stating that you need to restart your computer. Be sure to reboot it!
- After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your antivirus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware. And note that if you are using the free version of the program, you need to click the “Reject” button when requested.
- Go to the Updates tab and click the Check for Updates button. The program will download the latest version of the database.
If you are using the Pro version of the program, enable the Security module, re-enter your registration data.
Also, in new versions, the numbering of databases was changed to a more understandable one, where:
- V means version.
- 2020 marks the year.
- 12 stands for the month.
- 30 means day.
- 04 denotes the serial number of the database throughout the day
- so v2020.12.30.04 denotes the 4th build of the database for December 30, 2020.