VPNs are considered one of the most useful tools for PC and mobile phone protection. But there is a huge choice of various services, so it may be hard for simple users to choose. NordVPN and IPVanish are considered one of the most popular VPNs. Therefore, in this NordVPN vs IPVanish article, we will compare these two providers.
NordVPN is a virtual private network designed as a client application that provides the following web parameters:
- Anonymity. Due to the transmission of traffic over an encrypted connection and the absence of system logs, no one will be able to track the user’s Internet activity.
- Safety. One account on the service allows you to connect up to 6 different devices, including Smart TV and a router. The platform supports such popular systems as Windows, Linux, macOS, Android, and iOS.
- Bypassing locks. NordVPN overcomes all obstacles on the way to the site you are looking for, regardless of geographic location or other reasons for blocking.
The developers also offer advanced VPN solutions for businesses. Military-grade encryption provides secure, seamless online access to company networks and resources for team members and remote workers. Business customers are provided with dedicated high-speed VPN servers with static IP addresses.
The way the app works is pretty simple. The VPN service, after authenticating the user’s device, splits the data into separate packets, encapsulates them, and sends them over an encrypted tunnel. Third parties (Internet providers, hackers, government agencies) will not be able to decrypt it if they intercept the information.
VPN technology slows down your internet connection speed anyway. But thanks to its huge server network, NordVPN provides high-quality data transfers.
The system automatically selects the optimal server when the user connects. But in some cases, it is advisable to test the speed of several servers and select the fastest option. In addition, you should take into account the individual characteristics of the Internet. For example, to exchange files in a P2P network, you must choose special servers optimized for these purposes.
The advantages are the following:
- Superfast VPN servers.
- It is easy to use the software.
- P2p and torrents allowed.
- Strong encryption.
IPVanish is based in Orlando, Florida, USA. This is a proven VPN service that is well known for lightning-fast and reliable servers. The company owns and operates a Tier 1 network. This is an advantage in terms of performance and privacy. It means that no third party is involved in its server infrastructure.
IPVanish VPN has a huge server network with over 1000 servers located in over 60 countries. Moreover, IPVanish does not store any logs and also provides very strong encryption (military grade). Talking about disadvantages, it doesn’t unblock Netflix US.